Thank you for your interest in working for the School District of Athens.
To review open positions and apply for them, please go to the WECAN online application system here. If positions are not on the WECAN site, please contact the district office.
Current Employment Opportunities
- The SDOA is seeking a full-time Pre-K teacher for the 2018-19 school year.
JOB Title: Pre-K Teacher; one year (2018-19)
Qualifications: Pre-K certification
Experience: 0 years; experience preferred
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
Application Materials Required:
cover letter, resume, transcripts, three letters of recommendation
Submit Application Materials to:
Joy Redmann - Athens Elementary Principal
209 N Schlegel Street
Athens, WI 54411
Expectations Overview: Lead and facilitate quality instruction and nurture students with a focus on delivering a comprehensive curriculum that meets the emotional, physical, cognitive, and social needs of all students.
- Lead the planning and delivery of the program’s curriculum and ensure alignment to WMELS (Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards) and district assessments with the end result of adequately preparing students for kindergarten readiness academically, socially and emotionally.
- Student observations, and assessment activities; Lead teacher-parent conferences
- Lead and help organize opportunities for families to engage and build their skills as supportive caregivers.
- Assist families with transitioning their children to kindergarten; maintain and build relationships with internal/external support services.
- Maintenance of a clean classroom & organized work area, imaginative centers and display of projects.
- Ability to effectively interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate way
- Ability to effectively communicate with families and to work with a diverse population
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues to support student learning
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS NEEDED.
- Any adult with a four-year bachelor's degree with interest in becoming a substitute teacher for the School District of Athens may seek training at CESA 9 in Tomahawk. If interested, please contact Cheryl Strunk at 715-257-7511 ext 102. You may apply with the District for training sponsorship by providing a letter of interest and a resume to the District Office, 601 W Limits Rd, Athens, WI 54411